Do Your Really Want To Know The Truth?
I thought it would be difficult for him to find things to say you know, Like "Oh baby! you are perfect the way you are" "I worship the ground you walk on" "don't ever change anything" and all the things that happen in my head with mood lighting and smoke everywhere. Yeah, did I mention that I am a hopeless romantic and a very visual one at that.
He cleared his throat and started to roll out these really deep and almost hurtful things, I was in shock, "Are you talking about me" Me? Really?. My immediate instinct was to counter everything he was saying or better still pull out my own list and let him know he has his own issues as well and while he is struggling with 10, mine is more, way more.
This is how I wanted to react
But instead I just sat there like
He went on talking about me and all the things he had a problem with, when I turned down my defenses for a bit I realized that in a lot of ways he was speaking the Truth. That word again. Sometimes we are so into ourselves that we don't realize the things that are wrong or the things we need to change, its usually easier for others to see cause they are observers.
As great as the truth is, it hurts sometimes, however in staying true to who you are and moving closer towards being the better version of yourself there is a need to evaluate. This would mean going to deep dark places and shinning the light on them. This would mean hearing things you are not completely comfortable with. This would mean facing the actual truth.
Don't get it twisted, some people come from a very hateful place and would want to tear you down with their so called "truth". What you need to do is listen and check, if it fits, fix it, if not, toss it. The truth will also not always come the way you want it, it hardly does, but stop to think about it, do you want to get better or do you want to stay the same.
Like I said before, if your ultimate goal is to be the best version of yourself then you have to start embracing the truth no matter how difficult.
Good luck though, I am still recovering.
Comments
Post a Comment