Flexing the Writing Muscles
I read some where that in order to be an expert in anything you must have spent at least 10,000 hours on what it is you intend to master. Like almost everything else some scientist have debunked this 10,000 hour Rule saying; practice is good but being an expert would also be dependent on several other factors like personality, age, level of intelligence etc.
All I know is I watched the Lion King hours on end definitely not up to 10,000 hours and I can say every word, sing every song, I know every score, every pause, you name it. The 10,000 rule might not be a stand alone but spending time on what you intend to master will sure take you closer to mastering it the best you can. Its building muscles, learning the scriptures, like living with a spouse, knowing your best friend's next move, or how far your mum's slippers can travel, time is the core factor.
One thing I want to master is writing ,specifically screenwriting. I want to tell stories that can move people, I want to be able to call forth what ever emotion I want from my viewers. I want to master the art of ripping out my extremely imaginative mind and splat!!!! in word format, Picasso with a brush, Shayo with a story.
Been at this for a minute, as that is how long I have spent writing in comparison to 10,000 hours. So in order to speed the process up I started this blog, where I'll carefully tell you stories of myself and my experiences the best way I can. It will be entertainment for you, but for me it will be a step closer to 10,000 hours.
You can take it a step further and instead of of just reading you can come on this journey with me, and put in your hours.
It begins with a second, lets Go!!!
I feel a Lion �� King �� battle roaring <- see what i did there?
ReplyDeleteLmao!!!! Joker
Delete